Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Celestial Model & Sacred Center


Celestial Model
DAVID: It is derived from the Hebrew name (Dawid), which means “beloved.” It could be pronounced in various ways: DAY-vid (English), dah-VEED (Jewish), da-VEED (French), DAH-vit (German, Dutch), dah-VEET (Russian). David was the second and greatest of the kings of Israel, ruling in the 10th century BC. Several stories about him are told in the Old Testament, including his defeat of Goliath, a giant Philistine. According to the New Testament, Jesus was descended from him.
My dad named me David because he likes that name; he thinks it is masculine and it represents bravery, nobleness, and determination.

Sacred Center
One of my sacred centers is the tennis courts. From the time when I was six years old, I spent a majority of my time playing on the tennis courts. It is the place where I am able to physically express some of my emotions: disappointment, sadness, anger, and enthusiasm. It is also the place where I am able to reflect upon life and myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment